About this Blog

I started this blog as a record of my journey in learning how to run. I hope my experience can help you too in your mission to get off the couch, start exercising and lose that extra layer.

My posts are honest and personal. I have divided them into three sections that comment on my emotions, the physical run (jog!) and tips for next time to help me improve my performance. I hope you can use these ideas to encourage and help you along in your couch to 5k journey.


Please share your experiences, ideas or questions in the comment section of each post.

Popular Posts

Saturday 3 December 2011

Week 2, Day 3

(Saturday 6.30am)

Emotions (before): 
I knew I had to do today's run to keep up with the program. Nothing too interesting to report on that was different to previous days. Same old negative vs positive pre exercise thoughts.

I must stick to my schedule in the future because I enjoy exercising on Saturday mornings, but I would rather do it as an extra on the program rather than a necessity to keep up with it. I have seemed to slightly (only slightly - I am a girl after all!) forgotten about weight loss and am more concerned in achieving this exercise feat. I also have not a care in the world about what I look like to the people who pass me while I am doing the session.

It is very interesting, I may not have lost much or any weight, but I feel really good. I look at myself in a more positive light. Its a funny thing exercise.

The run: 
I struggled a bit to finish off my jogs - but I still completed them! I did it by setting mini distance goals - a tree, a road, whatever I thought I could realistically achieve in the time frame left. This also motivated me to keep up a pace in order to reach the destination before the time was up. This was especially helpful at the points I could of easily given up or slowed right down.

My muscles ache, but I will march on through :). They are only developing. It is a bit of a shock to the system this exercise! The feeling of happiness from achieving the task is far greater than any niggles. I have found myself clapping to rev myself up before each run..he he if someone saw me they would have a chuckle! Oh my goodness...3 minute runs on Monday..eek! But for now, another medal, I have finished Week 2!

Tips for next run:
  • Set mini distance goals to achieve before the time finishes
  • Focus on what you are achieving and doing well, rather than getting caught up in what you haven't done right (such as jogging too slow...you were jogging, woo hoo!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment