About this Blog

I started this blog as a record of my journey in learning how to run. I hope my experience can help you too in your mission to get off the couch, start exercising and lose that extra layer.

My posts are honest and personal. I have divided them into three sections that comment on my emotions, the physical run (jog!) and tips for next time to help me improve my performance. I hope you can use these ideas to encourage and help you along in your couch to 5k journey.


Please share your experiences, ideas or questions in the comment section of each post.

Popular Posts

Monday 5 December 2011

Week 3, Day 1

25 minutes of exercise: 5 minutes to warm-up, 5 to cool-down and 9 minutes running.
(2 x run 1½ minute, walk 1½ minutes; 1 x run 3 minutes, walk 3 minutes)

(Monday 5:50am)

Emotions (before):
I was really really nervous about the thought of jogging for 3 minutes. It is double last week's runs, and last week was an effort! I just had to ensure I stuck to my routine of laying out my gear, getting my work lunch made the evening before and setting my alarm for 5:30am.

I must say, during the day I am walking with a much better posture than before and I am noticing changes in my body. My tummy feels flatter and I have lost 'puffiness' around my face. I may not have lost much on the scales but I feel good. That is motivation enough to go for my run.

The run:
I jogged for three minutes! Straight! I jogged for 3 minutes! Ha Ha! I have never ever been able to do that ever in my life. Okay, I would never win a race with the speed I was going, but I still completed it. I had nothing to be afraid of. 

Yes, I was counting down the last 30 seconds of the runs and really puffing. But I only had to do two 3 minute runs and it was done. The app was very reassuring too. It said to me "If you are struggling, don't stop, just go slower." My recovery is much quicker after the runs too, I don't need as much time after to regain energy ready for work. 

To think, this time 2 weeks ago I was barely getting through one minute and now I just got through three times that. Wow!

Tips for next run:
  • If you get a moment, do some stretching the night before, it can put you in a good frame of mind ready for the run in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment