About this Blog

I started this blog as a record of my journey in learning how to run. I hope my experience can help you too in your mission to get off the couch, start exercising and lose that extra layer.

My posts are honest and personal. I have divided them into three sections that comment on my emotions, the physical run (jog!) and tips for next time to help me improve my performance. I hope you can use these ideas to encourage and help you along in your couch to 5k journey.


Please share your experiences, ideas or questions in the comment section of each post.

Popular Posts

Wednesday 7 December 2011

Week 3, Day 2

(Wednesday 5:55am)

Emotions (before):

I was back into routine mode today. A robotic type of manner, where I got up, dressed, stretched and off I went. It was great. There was no umming and ahhing, just straight into it. I was actually looking forward to it when I went to bed last night. I was ready for today's session.

The run:

Well, if my mind was in a calm, collected, routine mode - the run was not! What a shambles! My iPod music would not work with the running app, the running app was not keeping time, the coach would only tell me sometimes when to walk/run. On top of that there was a seagull who thought he was magpie, who followed me a third of the way, squawking and hovering above me. I think he even tried to swoop me. 

It was all up to me this morning. And I did it.

Yes my times may have been off and I didn't have the zip in my step from the music, but I self-motivated myself to run and walk. The app was not completely down, so I still used it as a loose guide. 

In my last run, I set mini distance goals to help me stick to some sort of time. If I got to that goal and still had some steam, I kept going and set another finish line. I think I ran the longest I have yet (okay, it was far for me!). I estimated that I may have run for half a minute more than I should of. Oh I was definitely sucking the air in, hands on hips and dribbling everywhere. It was a good mix up running to the sound of my own steps, setting my own goals.

I won't be in a hurry to do it again though! I hope my app works again! I need the coach. It was difficult always checking the time, I lost rhythm and had to slow down.

But I was goooooood this morning! I am so proud of my final 3 minute run.

Tips for next run:
  • Make sure everything is working the night before!


No comments:

Post a Comment