About this Blog

I started this blog as a record of my journey in learning how to run. I hope my experience can help you too in your mission to get off the couch, start exercising and lose that extra layer.

My posts are honest and personal. I have divided them into three sections that comment on my emotions, the physical run (jog!) and tips for next time to help me improve my performance. I hope you can use these ideas to encourage and help you along in your couch to 5k journey.


Please share your experiences, ideas or questions in the comment section of each post.

Popular Posts

Monday 26 December 2011

Week 6, Day 1

  34 minutes of exercise: 5 minutes to warm-up, 5 to cool-down and 18 minutes running.
(2 x run 5 minutes, 1 x walk 3 minutes; 1 x run 8 minutes, walk 3 minutes)

(Monday 7:00am)

Emotions (before):
It is Boxing Day morning, all of the Christmas festivities are in my tummy and I am down in a holiday house. Despite all these deterrents from exercise, I was determined to go and at least work off some of the pudding! I did not know my area well so I just stuck to the immediate area around the house I was holidaying in.

The run:
I ran on soft grass today, so the workout was intense! I really had to break through the endurance barriers. The whole time I was telling myself, 'You ran straight for 20 minutes a couple of days ago, you can complete 5 minutes!' and I slowly got through the session. I ended up doing about three laps of the block, which included a little park.

Once it was complete though, I was very happy and confident for the next session.

I am really starting to notice that what I am eating the day before is effecting my running efficiency. It is commonsense really, nice salads, fruits and meat, chicken or fish = energetic run...cakes, biscuits, chocolates, white bread = sluggish run. 

Tips for next run:
  • Just because it is a certain special day, or your on holiday, doesn't mean you still can't stick to the program - it is only 30 minutes of your time and it will make you feel so energetic for the rest of the day!
  • What you eat the day before will effect your running efficiency. It is simple, nice salads, fruits and meat, chicken or fish = energetic run...cakes, biscuits, chocolates, white bread = sluggish run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment