About this Blog

I started this blog as a record of my journey in learning how to run. I hope my experience can help you too in your mission to get off the couch, start exercising and lose that extra layer.

My posts are honest and personal. I have divided them into three sections that comment on my emotions, the physical run (jog!) and tips for next time to help me improve my performance. I hope you can use these ideas to encourage and help you along in your couch to 5k journey.


Please share your experiences, ideas or questions in the comment section of each post.

Popular Posts

Sunday 25 December 2011

Week 5 - NPS

Sunday (8:00am) - Christmas Day

Emotions (before):
I woke up Christmas morning with all my cleaning done, food prepared, presents wrapped and ready for the day's festivities. I had just put a hair masque on, when I thought to myself, I have 20 minutes to kill for this masque to work, why don't I go for a NPS? So I plaited my hair and got into my gear and went.

I couldn't believe that me, who 2 months ago did absolutely no form of exercise, was going for a jog on Christmas morning - a non-required jog! Christmas morning, of all days of the year.

The run:
I repeated Week 5 Day 1, three 5 minute jogs. After running 20 minutes on Friday, I thought, 'I can get through that easy.' Well, it was still an effort, but a happy effort. It was fun going past other people on their morning walk and saying "Merry Christmas" instead of just "Good morning." Yep, there are other people out there who also exercise on Christmas morning.

Here is a picture I took of my morning route (I jog on the grass next to the path):

Can you see the little ducks in the shadows?

2 comments:

  1. I wish my Christmas morning run looked as sunny and warm as yours! Its a great feeling actually wanting to run isn't it. I did the parkrun (UK) on Christmas morning which is a definite first for me! Keep it up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! I used to think only people who were fitness freaks exercised on Christmas morning! Look at us go :).

    I just added your blog so I can read up on your efforts, looks like you are going well! It is great to see other people are going through the same ups and downs as me.

    ReplyDelete