About this Blog

I started this blog as a record of my journey in learning how to run. I hope my experience can help you too in your mission to get off the couch, start exercising and lose that extra layer.

My posts are honest and personal. I have divided them into three sections that comment on my emotions, the physical run (jog!) and tips for next time to help me improve my performance. I hope you can use these ideas to encourage and help you along in your couch to 5k journey.


Please share your experiences, ideas or questions in the comment section of each post.

Popular Posts

Friday 3 February 2012

Week 10 - 11

Week Review:
These last two weeks haven't been as successful as I hoped for. I had set myself the goal of fitting in the 5ks into the 30 minute time frame - planning to achieve this by today. Although, things have not gone as planned!

In week 10, I managed to achieve 5kms in around 35 minutes and beat that time by a few seconds on the Wednesday. Unfortunately, due to Australia Day on the Thursday, I missed Friday's run. So I thought that a 4 day rest before the next Monday would set me up for a positive week, but the opposite happened!

On Monday's run I barley got to 2kms and I had to walk the rest of the way home! My legs would not rotate and I was not comfortable at all. I told myself I would just try again on Wednesday. Then on Wednesday I just made it through the 30 minutes of jogging, covering a dismal distance of just over 4kms. This morning, I was just too tired from starting work again to get up.

I really do not know what has happened. I am jogging slower than I was when I first started the 30 minute jogs of Week 9 and my running action has become so awkward.

Well Week 12 is going to be a new start. I am really hoping I can get back into the swing of things. I still really want to achieve my goal of jogging in the 6.5km fun run that is on at the end of March.

I am going to write here weekly to keep myself on check. I will not stuff up the work I have done over the last 3 months!

Just a bump in the road...next week is a new week :)

Week 10
D1: 5.01kms, 35:23mins, 7:04mins/km
D2: 5.01kms, 35:08mins, 7:02mins/km
D3: -

Week 11
D1: 4.61kms, 42:19mins, 9:12mins/km
D2: 4.24kms, 30:19mins, 7:09mins/km



2 comments:

  1. Keep it up, Ausgirl! Can't wait to hear how amazing you do this week! :D You're definitely gonna break the 5k/30 minute achievement soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That you for your kind words Joely-G! It is very interesting how one day I can have a really good run, although the next I will struggle. Your cheering definitely makes me smile :D

    ReplyDelete