About this Blog

I started this blog as a record of my journey in learning how to run. I hope my experience can help you too in your mission to get off the couch, start exercising and lose that extra layer.

My posts are honest and personal. I have divided them into three sections that comment on my emotions, the physical run (jog!) and tips for next time to help me improve my performance. I hope you can use these ideas to encourage and help you along in your couch to 5k journey.


Please share your experiences, ideas or questions in the comment section of each post.

Popular Posts

Tuesday 14 February 2012

Week 12

Week Review:
I started the week off with a revived energy - I was ready to move on from the struggles of Week 10 and 11. I had 5 days off before my first run and wow it made a difference.

I ran first thing Monday morning before work and (to my surprise) I completed the 5 kilometre distance in 31:48mins! I wiped off 3 minutes in one run, without any real intention or exertion! I was (and still am) so excited knowing that I can get closer to 5kms in 30.

I missed my run on Wednesday due to an unforeseen commitment and ran again on Friday. Unfortunately, I must of knocked my GPS and it did not record the run. Once I realised this during the jog my motivation waned and I just completed the 30 minutes.

As I am back at work, I am also eating much healthier on a daily basis. I can noticeably see how unhealthy foods affect my runs and this is motivation enough to avoid them.

Although I only got the two runs in this week, my speedy Monday run has boosted my confidence again that W10 and W11 had pilfered. I am very much looking forward to doing it again.
 
Week 12
D1: 5.0kms, 31:48mins, 6:23mins/km
D2: 30 minutes
D3: -



No comments:

Post a Comment